Remain vigilant to slow the spread of COVID-19. Maintain a physical distance of at least 2 metres from all other members of the NAIT community at all times where possible. Wear a mask or face covering in all indoor, publicly accessible spaces on our campuses. Review and follow NAIT's directions on nait.ca/masks.
NAIT Locker Rental Terms and Conditions
Your use of a NAIT locker is subject to the following terms and conditions. Please read this entire document carefully, as the terms and conditions contained in this document constitute legal obligations between you and the Northern Alberta Institute of Technology (“NAIT”).
1. Locker rental fees for a single semester rental are non-refundable. Refunds for multi-term or multi-year rentals will only be granted on a prorated basis once a request is made to the one AT NAIT office and your relationship to NAIT is terminated.
2. You cannot take possession of a rented locker before the start date listed on your rental confirmation. Your combination can be accessed by logging into the online rental system anytime during your rental period (does not apply to Souch or Patricia Campus lockers).
3. Locker rentals are non-transferrable between users.
4. Users are not permitted to share lockers.
5. Unless prior arrangements are made with the one AT NAIT office, only locks provided by one AT NAIT may be used on lockers. Use of unauthorized locks will result in an automatic removal of the lock, and a $25.00 lock replacement fee will be charged to you. If you are a student, this lock replacement fee will be charged directly to your student account. (Does not apply to Souch or Patricia Campus lockers.)
6. Sponsored students (students whose educational fees are being paid for by a third party) must pay locker fees separately. Should a sponsored student be eligible for compensation of locker fees by their sponsor, the student will need to present their transaction receipt to their sponsor directly for reimbursement.
7. Lockers must be cleared out and locks left on the locker at the end of the rental term, or clearing/replacement charges will be applied. Fees can be paid at the following locations:
a. A lock replacement fee in the amount of $25.00 will be charged for any missing locks. This lock replacement fee is payable online through your MyNAIT Portal or in person at the Student Service Centre located in CAT180.
b. A content retrieval fee in the amount of $25.00 will be charged for the removal of any items left in the locker at the end of the rental term. This content retrieval fee is payable at the one AT NAIT office located in O112.
8. Items cleared from lockers will be held for up to a maximum of 30 days, after which time the contents will be disposed of. For sanitary reasons, clothing and perishable items will be disposed of immediately.
9. Any misuse of the locker will result in the termination of this agreement and the immediate forfeiture of the locker.
10. NAIT is not responsible for any damage to or theft of items in lockers. Although NAIT provides a safe educational environment, thefts from lockers and other areas do occur. Items may also be vandalized, damaged or lost. You are solely responsible for any belongings or other items that you bring to NAIT’s campuses or other facilities. Such items are brought at your own risk, and NAIT shall not be responsible for theft, vandalism, damage or loss of any items for any reason. It is your responsibility to ensure that your belongings and other items are stored safely. The best insurance against loss is to leave items that are not needed at home or to carry any valuables with you at all times. Valuables should never be left in lockers overnight.
11. Locks and lockers remain the property of NAIT. Anything maintained in NAIT space, including lockers, must be in accordance with all NAIT regulations, bylaws and policies and all applicable municipal, provincial and federal laws. Suspected violation of any terms and conditions can result in a locker search without notice or permission and the removal of locker contents. NAIT may in its discretion share the results of a locker search with the police authorities or other external bodies.